Contact Us Now 702-385-7411

Name Changes


While many of us are comfortable living our whole lives with the names that are given to us at birth, there are a number of different circumstances in which it may be prudent to change one's name. Doing so in Nevada requires petitioning to the court and providing thorough documentation so that, for all legal purposes, our government is prepared to recognize your new name. It is advised that those seeking to legally change their name retain legal counsel to help them navigate this process.

At McDonald Law Offices, PLLC, our dedicated and knowledgeable Henderson name change lawyers are well-versed in this process in Nevada and how to reliably handle our clients' petitions. Recently, our firm has worked with several clients in our transgender community who required new names following gender reassignment. No matter what the circumstances are for our clients, however, we're ready to assist them with this legal procedure.

We're ready to help you get started! Learn more about your name change options by calling our firm at (702) 381-6590 today.


There are several different aspects to changing one's name in Nevada. There is the official petition to the courts to have the petitioner's name changed, along with receiving a new driver's license and birth certificate. Our firm can help you with all of these procedures and ensure that your petitions and applications stand every chance of acceptance upon the first submission.

Some common reasons for changing one's name include:

  • Divorce
  • Gender reassignment
  • Hyphenated names (when a marriage occurs)
  • Religious reasons

No matter what your goals are with your legal game change are, McDonald Law Offices, PLLC is ready to assist you. From our very first conversations with you, we're ready to outline what documentation you need to provide and how we can ensure that this process goes as smoothly and efficiently as possible.

We're ready to speak with you today! Use our online form to reach out to our team.

Need to talk? We really listen.

If you have questions about your case, call us at (702) 381-6590. We would be happy to answer any questions and discuss your legal options at this time. Contact Us Today